Award-Winning Content Leadership
With more than 20 years as a professional journalist in Washington, D.C., Dan Verton has a successful track record as a transformational digital media professional with proven skills in news and marketing content writing, audience engagement strategies, communications and brand coordination, client presentations, public speaking, and event planning. He's also a highly-experienced digital content strategist adept at developing SEO-friendly content, building editorial calendars, setting and enforcing editorial standards, and designing cross-platform social media strategies that increase audience retention and engagement rates.
Dan is a former intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps and has a decade of experience writing, producing and filming major anti-terrorism awareness training programs for major government and law enforcement clients. He most recently served as intelligence advisor to the Transportation Security Administration's nationwide First Observer Plus training program, and has produced both public security announcements and sensitive special operations training programs for the AMTRAK Police Department.
His journalism awards include:
- 2017 Silver Award - Impact / Investigative Reporting, American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE).
- 2015 National Bronze Award - Enterprise News Reporting (ASBPE)
- 2015 National Bronze Award - Video Series (ASBPE)
- 2015 National Silver Award - Podcast (ASBPE)
- 2003 Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award, First Place, Best News Reporting.
Contact For Freelance Rates
Send me the details of your next project and I will provide a comprehensive proposal outline. Highest quality work, guaranteed.